Spurs Related

NBA Team Blogs

General NBA

NBA Stats

Sponsors - Tickets

ABC tickets has premium Spurs basketball tickets and tickets to other teams like the Sixers, Orlando Magic tickets, Dallas Mavericks tickets and NBA Allstar game tickets.

24 June 2005

"I Should Just Let It Go"

The following are +/- for the Spurs-Pistons series. The first number is the +/- while the player was on the court followed by the +/- while the player was off the court. The third number is the combination of the two. If a player has a positive +/- while on the court it means the Spurs outscored Detroit while he was playing. To give you an idea, here's what my numbers would look like if I played for the Spurs. (Detroit outscored the Spurs by 13 total points in the series.)

Matthew Powell, -413, +400, -813

You could infer from that line that I would not have been very valuable to the Spurs.

Here are the numbers for the main 7 Spurs.

Ginobili, +31, -44, +75
Horry, +14, -27, +41
Parker, -6 , -7 , +1
Duncan, -8, -5, +3
Mohammed, -14, +1, -15
Bowen, -14, +1, -15
Barry, -25, 12, -37

So let me get this straight. The Spurs get outscored while Tim Duncan is on the court and he's the most valuable player? Really? How does this make any sense?

This will bug me for the rest of my life. You could infer from that line that I am a loser.

By the way, at the time of this posting Manu is leading the poll 33 to 29.

San Antonio Spurs Blog is not affiliated with the Spurs organization or any major publication.
All content copyright Matthew Powell 2005.