Spurs Related

NBA Team Blogs

General NBA

NBA Stats

Sponsors - Tickets

ABC tickets has premium Spurs basketball tickets and tickets to other teams like the Sixers, Orlando Magic tickets, Dallas Mavericks tickets and NBA Allstar game tickets.

02 May 2005

I Think I Figured It Out

The refs, that is. In case you didn't see the game, Charles Barkley said "that was one of the worst officiated games I've seen in my entire life."

Some really, really bizarre calls. Bowen's first two fouls in the second (in the first minute or so; his 3rd and 4th) were absolutely horrible calls. One was an obvious charge on Carmelo. I am not even sure what the other call was. Bowen had his forearm in Melo's back, standing there and then the whistle. I thought there was a clock problem or something.

I figured it all out. The refs bet heavily on the over. That's the only logical explanation.

Anyways. I am going to sleep. Quick recap:

Tony Parker nutted up huge in the 4th and OT.
Duncan hit 13-14 FT and was generally awesome.
Boykins (I think?) hit a three (that's what it looked like in the one replay the idiots at TNT showed) that was called a two with about 2 minutes to go in the game.

I'll edit/add to this later Tuesday.

San Antonio Spurs Blog is not affiliated with the Spurs organization or any major publication.
All content copyright Matthew Powell 2005.